Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tall Box Trio

I know I promised to get this posted this morning, but converting to Gypsy gave me some trouble, and I didn't want you Gypsy ladies to feel left out, so it took me a little longer than I anticipated. 

These boxes came about as a result of a special request from Regina over on the Cricut message boards. She needed a tall box for the bottles from Bath and Body Works that she was giving for Christmas gifts.  I liked the one I designed for her so much, that I played around with it and came up with 2 more lid versions. I also love that it's adjustable for items of different heights.  The three boxes in the photo are all cut the same size, but the deep lid allows for taller items.  Don't you just love things that are versatile?!

I have included a tutorial, although the assembly is really very easy, only because there are some little tabs for the top edge of the box so there won't be raw edges.  I don't like raw edges on my boxes because it makes them less sturdy, and I think they look more "professional" with finished edges.  The tabs are to be folded to the inside and adhered down. There's a short tutorial with photos so it will be clear what to do with the tabs.

You will need two full sheets of 12"x12" cardstock for this box. You will also need the George cartridge for the box with scalloped edge lid, and George and Plantin Schoolbook for the rick-rack and flower lids.

If you download this file, please do leave a comment below. It is much appreciated, and it inspires me to create more projects to share!

Cartridges: George, Plantin Schoolbook
Tall Box Trio files for DS
Tall Box Trio files for Gypsy

24 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

These are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us
Juliexx

Renee said...

Thank you for another fantastic creation! love these!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 Dec [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 28 Dec [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

Jen said...

These are so cute and will be so useful. Thank you so much for sharing your designs. Much appreciated!
Jen

Kraftychick said...

Thanks so much for sharing these adorable boxes - I don't have TCBBM cart and your cut files really gives me some really great boxes! TFS!
Jackie

Joanna said...

Very cute boxes. I can't wait to cut them. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Found you on the cricut facebook site. The boxes are fantastic! TFS your "secrets". I am having Monthly card contests for charities on my blog.
www.floridacindy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Dec. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

Michele said...

These are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Fernanda said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I love your boxes and the tutorial!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are soooo cute!! I can't wait to get off work so i can download them! Thanks for sharing

happy2scrap56 said...

Cindy
LOVE LOVE the boxes
Jan

MelKilMD said...

Thanks for sharing. How can you beat Cute, Crafty and Useful??!

Melinda

Theresa said...

Love the box. I like the fact that I can fit different sized things. Thanks for sharing your creation!

Brens Designs said...

Beautiful Box!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Marjorie said...

Thanks for sharing your tall box trio files. They are great.

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic, Cindy.

Your blog is awesome!

Thanks so much for sharing your designs.

Crafty Cathy

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your boxes, and your generosity in letting us share them with you.
THANK YOU
daniella (Atlanta)

Anonymous said...

Just cut out and made one of these boxes with some glittered paper, and it is so classy! Thanks for your time and talent and sharing spirit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely boxes with everyone! I don't have the E currently, but hopefully in the future I will and can make these. This type of box is so hard find...thanks again!

Becky said...

thank you for the free files! your projects are spectacular!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the free file! These boxes are just fabulous!

memories2keep1976 said...

Great LOVE them they are too cute.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing

About Me

My photo
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Lifetime crafter, beginning with sewing clothes for my troll dolls when I was 5. Stampin' Up! demonstrator since 2000. Wife of almost 30 years to my high school sweetheart and planning on 30 more! Mom to 2 great kids and one awesome new son-in-law. "Mom" to 3 furkids, Pomeranians Roxy and Lulu, and a Calico cat, Sugar aka "Miss Fattypants." Addicted to all things Disney!
Photobucket