K-E Kreations recently blessed me with a very kind gift - The Ms. Bright Side Award! She wrote on her blog, "I would like to pass this award on to the following wonderful bloggers who always inspire me, have great words of wisdom, and who simply share fabulous tips to make me a better crafter." As I told her, if I can be "Ms. Bright Side" in just one person's life each day, that makes me smile!
You all know that I love to design and share my designs with you. My "payment" is not monetary, but in the lovely comments and response that I get from all of you when I share a new project. All of you are the reason that I blog, and the reason that I share projects, tips and advice based on my own crafting experience. To receive awards is the icing on the cake, and very sweet icing at that!
Upon receiving this award, I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy, list 5 pieces of trivia about myself, and pass the award on to 5 fellow bloggers. So, here goes...
Ten things that make me happy:
1. My husband
2. My children - including my new son-in-law (Love you Andy!)
3. My pomeranians, Roxy and Lulu
4. My "sweet" little cat, Sugar who adopted us one cold, rainy February day when I just couldn't leave her outside
5. Crafting, of course!
6. Traveling and seeing new places with my husband
8. Real, authentic Sangria and Spanish food (thank you Emilio's Restaurante')
9. Fresh raspberries
10. MY BLOG FOLLOWERS!
Trivia about me:
1. I'm an ex-kindergarten teacher, then preschool director, but I left that profession 11 years ago for my current job.
2. I've known my husband since we were both 3 years old, we started dating at age 15, married at 20 and have been married almost 30 years now. He is my best friend and loudest cheerleader!
3. I'm a Coach purse addict and I don't want intervention.
4. I do at least one Sudoku puzzle a day to TRY to keep my brain sharp.
5. I can't stand to kill anything, so I take spiders and other bugs outside instead of squashing or flushing them. My co-workers call ME when there's a bug or crawling critter to be gotten rid of!
And the 5 bloggers that I want to share this award with are:
1. Audrey, Cute and Some - Audrey is a constant source of encouragement and cheer in my life, and a true friend that I hope to meet someday! Maybe at CHA in Chicago?? I'm working on DH on that one! Audrey often leaves comments for me on my blog "just because." On top of being just a downright amazing person, Audrey is SUPER talented, and she's becoming a regular featured crafter in the Cricut Chirp! Be sure to check out her blog and become a follower. You'll be happy you did!
2. Cheryl, Cheryl's Window - Cheryl and I have so much in common, and she's another internet friend that I'd love to meet. We seem to have the same taste in both crafts and men - both of our husbands like comic book superheroes! She's incredibly talented and a natural teacher. Please stop by her blog and have a look around.
3. Pam, The Bug Bytes - When someone needs help with a Gypsy, everyone over on the Cricut message boards knows that Pam is the woman with the answers! If she doesn't already know the answer - and she usually does - she will find out for you. Pam is also the co-creator of Tuesday Treats, where a new designer every week presents a project and tutorial. Pam is a talented crafter, but we all treasure her most as the message board teacher and cheerleader. Give me a "P"...give me an "A"...give me an "M"...PAM PAM PAM, we love ya' Sweetie!
4. Elizabeth, 217Creations - Lately, Beth has been blowing me away with the lace pages she's created! She has an incredible eye for design, and she's sweet as can be, too. She just posted a project she made as a designer for Weddings With The Cricut that is so gorgeous that I wish I'd thought of it before my own daughter's wedding last November. I don't think Beth's brain ever stops creating because she presents one stunning project after another! Be sure to visit her blog.
5. And last, but by no means least, Shelia aka SassyLady, She's a Sassy Lady - Sheila was one of the very first message board members that befriended me, and she continutes to be a source of encouragement, support and inspiration. She's also the scrapbook layout QUEEN! I'm contantly in awe of the gorgeous pages she does! Sheila, you rock!
- Some much needed sunshine!
- My debut on Tuesday Treats, and I brought the POPC...
- The Funny Bunnies have BABIES!
- The Ms. Bright Side Award and 5 blogs to visit
- FIXED: Mini Easter Egg Box
- A Pair of Easter Egg Boxes
- A Cheeky Little Chick
- Lacy Easter Egg Basket With Ribboned Handle
- Funny Bunny Gift Bag
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger!
- ▼ March 2010 (10)
- Cindy McVey
- Midlothian, Virginia, United States
- Lifetime crafter, beginning with sewing clothes for my troll dolls when I was 5. Stampin' Up! demonstrator since 2000. Wife of almost 30 years to my high school sweetheart and planning on 30 more! Mom to 2 great kids and one awesome new son-in-law. "Mom" to 3 furkids, Pomeranians Roxy and Lulu, and a Calico cat, Sugar aka "Miss Fattypants." Addicted to all things Disney!