Monday, October 11, 2010

New Projects on the Horizon

First, I'm happy to report that I am now stitch-free!  I had a nurse friend remove them Saturday, and I look almost human again without them.  No Frankenstein costume for me this Halloween! The black eye is now mostly yellow and red and decreasing in size every day. I was actually able to put on a little eyeliner and mascara this morning! 

In hindsight, I feel like I really was being watched over.  It could have been very serious, but just one week later, I feel great! Thank you all so much for your well wishes after my fall.  It was very special to have so many notes from all of you.

On the craft front - our current remodeling has given me a couple of ideas for home decor projects that will get me back to my Cricut.  I have three in my head so far: some framed art, an unusual jewelry holder/display, and a holiday project using the discarded wood blocks from the rubber stamps that I converted to unmounted. (If you missed the video about how to do that, see this post.)  I also realized that I never filmed and shared how I made an awesome, inexpensive ribbon rack, so that's to come as well.

I know Cricut and Gypsy are both feeling neglected, so I plan to get those projects started as soon as I can get this bathroom remodel done and clean up my craft room!  It's amazing how remodeling one room can spin the whole house into disarray. I also have to share with you that a few of my craft tools have come in very handy while working on the bathrooms.  My DH is very supportive of my crafting, but it's always good when he can see how many other ways my stuff comes in handy, know what I mean?

So, in summation, my eye is looking good, my house is looking good, and I should have some projects to post in the coming weeks. Thanks to all of you who have hung in there with me until I could get back to being creative!

Cricut Kisses and Crafty Wishes,

18 comments:

Marian Gr said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Looking forward to seeing your future projects.

Take care!!!!

ScrappyHeartz said...

So glad you're eye is getting better! You are so lucky! Just found your blog this weekend and love it! Thanks for sharing!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Happy to hear that your eye is improving and you're feeling better!!! Look forward to seeing what you create when you finish your remodeling.
Hugs,
~Terry~

Jodie R said...

Cindy, I love your attitude! You always see the funny side of everything! I am so glad you are on the mend. Sorry your painting plans "Fell" through! LOL! Couldn't resist! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Jodie

Audrey Frelx said...

Glad you're feeling better Cindy!!! But, then again, you're not one to let anything keep you down and I admire that about you!

Kel said...

Glad to see your on the mend. Yes, you were lucky it could have been worse..thanks goodness somebody is watching over you :) Excited to see ur upcoming posts!

Lysa said...

Hi Cindy,
So glad your on the mend. Looking forward to seeing new posts and crafty goodness.
Lysa

Ohhh Snap said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That was some fall! Looking forward to seeing what you create :D.

Looking forward to seeing the remodeling as well. Hope you're taking before and after pictures. And you might need the Cricut Lite Mr. Fixit if you don't already have it. erm and one of the band-aids :D.

papillon digital design said...

Oh sweetie! I am glad that you are feeling better! Take care my dear. And get back to the board soon :)
Miss you
Hugs
Pam

Audrey Frelx said...

Cindy, hope you're feeling much better now and that all's well!!! Wanted to say "hi" and let you know you're thought of!

Snatertje said...

Cindy I uploaded a picture to my blog, i used your gyspsy popcorn file to make this card, thanks for sharing the file. I didn't have the puffypaint, so I had to use 3D paint.

Hug Linda
http://snatertje.blogspot.com/

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad you are doing better!!

Somehow I found you whilst Blog hopping this morning and I am having a wonderful time reading through your Blog!

I have two Poms also, Olivia and Harlow!

I look forward to visiting you again!

Hugs!
LuLu Kellogg

majeral said...

DATE 09-30-2012 Just found your blog by way of YouTube video
needed a good way to mount stamps I took off of wood. Sorry to see you were Ill hope you have more crafting,
The date I see on your video is 2010 be well

Bruna marquizine said...

Here is awesome place to view , travel and for visiting . Every one can get world's beautiful and historical place in the world ..you can download more beautiful HD wallpaper from here.

Youtube views said...

Wow, Excellent post. This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your informative.

YouTube Views

Rajib334 said...

Very useful post. This post is very helpful & informative post in this time. i like it. thanks for sharing the information.
Human Development. Open Source Organization.

toronto real estate agent said...

Very important post this is.
toronto real estate agent

Senior services in toronto said...

Thats is very inovative post and also helpful for me.
i just worth it.
senior services in toronto

About Me

My photo
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Lifetime crafter, beginning with sewing clothes for my troll dolls when I was 5. Stampin' Up! demonstrator since 2000. Wife of almost 30 years to my high school sweetheart and planning on 30 more! Mom to 2 great kids and one awesome new son-in-law. "Mom" to 3 furkids, Pomeranians Roxy and Lulu, and a Calico cat, Sugar aka "Miss Fattypants." Addicted to all things Disney!
Photobucket