Friday, October 8, 2010

Enabler Alert: You WILL want the IMAGINE when you see the images!

Have you SEEN the awesome images for the new Cricut Imagine???  I've been out of the loop since its release, and I had openly said that I was not buying another machine. After all, I have the Expression, the Baby Bug, and the Gypsy. How could I possibly need another Cricut machine?

Alas, during my recent convalescence (see yesterday's post), I had plenty of time for some one-eyed viewing of videos about the Imagine, and I have to confess, I REALLY WANT THE DARN THING!  I had not expected the images to be so incredibly gorgeous!  The ones in this post are from Snow Angel, one of my favorites from the new Imagine Cartridge Collection.

My followers know that I had started working on breaking up the cartridge image sheets into smaller pictures for loading onto the Gypsy so you can see them easier - and not need your handbooks with you all the time.  (Note: If you search for videos about the Imagine on YouTube, some of the older ones will say it's not compatible with the Gypsy, but Provocraft has since updated the Gypsy software so it IS compatible!  Thanks PC!)  I still have more of the "regular" cartridges to do, and I will continue to work on those, but I confess that I've gotten totally sidetracked by the beautiful new Imagine images!  I've only gotten two done so far (click here to get them), but I'll have the rest uploaded soon, so check back here for updates.  And if you have an iPad, I'll be posting soon about how to view all the cartridge images on it, so watch for that, too.

I can't end this post without a special thanks to Robyn, The Pink Stamper for some major enabling!  When I saw her video about using RGB colors to match my Stampin' Up! paper, AND she used an old non-Imagine cartridge to print and cut images in her choice of colors, all the lightbulbs in my head went off!  Hop on over to her blog to watch a few of her awesome videos and see why you NEED the Imagine!

Cricut Kisses and Crafty Wishes,

6 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

everything about the darn think is awesome w/ one exception, I wish they made a way that the display was detachable (hand held) kinda like the gypsy instead of sitting in front of the machine searching through the images & patterned papers. Just my thought but I do love it...can't afford it, but love it!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

So the big question is, did you buy it? I haven't and stgill haven't sold myself.... we shall see.

Audrey Frelx said...

Cindy, sounds like you started out singing the same song I've been "humming" -- Lol! Fortunately for pocket book I haven't any craving yet for the Imagine! Like Sheila said..."we'll see"

flowerdisco said...

darn Imagine... I am holding tight o and don't want to spend the money yet until I find out more about the ink. lol. it is getting harder and harder to resist tough(wink-wink)

Hope you are feeling better.

ScrappyHeartz said...

I thought I didn't need it either but after going to a local scrapbook store, an employee and I were talking and she asked if I used a Cricut. Told her yes so she showed me her cards she made on the Imagine...now I want one after seeing them in person! I hear something else BIG is coming out on Nov 10 and was told NOT to BUY anything till "it" came out!! So I waiting at least to see what prices we get on Black Friday!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

Lysa said...

Hi Cindy,
First off so sorry to hear about your painting mishap. Hope your feeling better and healing up. I hope you do choose to get the Imagine. I have had mine since the release and I just love it. The hard part is waiting for the updates. Provocraft should have made it open source from the get go or at least gypsy compatible, but that is on the way. It prints great and I think it cuts smoother than my expression. I just love it and I know you will too. Feel well.
Lysa
www.lysaandhueyink.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Lifetime crafter, beginning with sewing clothes for my troll dolls when I was 5. Stampin' Up! demonstrator since 2000. Wife of almost 30 years to my high school sweetheart and planning on 30 more! Mom to 2 great kids and one awesome new son-in-law. "Mom" to 3 furkids, Pomeranians Roxy and Lulu, and a Calico cat, Sugar aka "Miss Fattypants." Addicted to all things Disney!
Photobucket